- Short-term commitments (forecast) of Locational Marginal Prices (LMP)
- Seasonal average and distribution of price
- Historical trade area and regional price analysis
- Congestion and loss analysis for efficient operations
- Valuation of Power Purchase Agreements (PPA's)
CAISO (California) 5 Min. Real Time Market LMP Prices For All AP Nodes
This data product offers five minute interval prices for all Aggregated Pricing Nodes (AP Nodes) in CAISO since 2016.
APNode or APN is an Aggregated Pricing Node (Aggregated Pnode) that can be a Load Aggregation Point, Trading Hub or any group of Pricing Nodes as defined by the California ISO.
LMP is the locational marginal price where demand at that PNode consistent with existing Transmission Constraints and the performance characteristics of resources. The Transmission Provider determines separate components of the LMP for the marginal cost of Energy, Marginal Cost of Congestion, and Marginal Cost of Losses relative to the Reference Bus, consistent with the following equation:
LMP = Energy + Loss + Congestion + GHG
AP Nodes Coverage
In this product, we provide more than 2,500 Aggregated Point Nodes (AP Nodes) which have been occured since 2016.
The graph shows the number of AP Nodes by years:
|Year||Number of AP Nodes|
For each AP Node, you will find:
- LMP (Locational Marginal Price)
- Energy Price
- Congestion Price
- Loss Price
- Green House Gas Prices (GHG price occurs in limited AP Nodes)
Data Collection Methodology
- Data is cleansed and organized to provide a ready for analysis dataset
- Both historical and current dates of operations are aggregated
- All date and hours are quality checked for consistency and completeness
- Data updates from CAISO every day
California Independent System Operator (CAISO) is a non-profit Independent System Operator serving California. It oversees the operation of California's bulk electric power system, transmission lines, and electricity market generated and transmitted by its member utilities.
Related Data Products
- Five-minute interval prices in $/MWh
- Updated daily by 5:00 PM PST
- Historical data goes back to 2016
- Covers more than 2,500 CAISO AP Nodes (Aggregated Pricing Nodes)
Until a few decades ago majority of us were employed in real world businesses. Alta Bering came out of a history of production technology and reconciled it with sophisticated algorithmic math, an after-thought in enterprise system functionality.We believe efficiency is key to mitigating scarcity economics. In the early 2000s, we set our sights on helping companies achieve higher efficiency and growth, not just growth.Today we enable advanced prescriptive analytics for data scientists and enterprise cloud platforms. Our goal is to help business analysts step up to corporate responsibility.Contact us for more about how we deliver our predictive analytics consulting to large and medium sized clients.