- Short-term commitments (forecast) of Locational Marginal Prices (LMP)
- Seasonal average and distribution of price
- Historical trade area and regional price analysis
- Congestion and loss analysis for efficient operations
- Valuation of Power Purchase Agreements (PPA's)
CAISO (California) 5 Min. RTM LMP Prices for 100 AP Nodes
This data product offers five minute interval prices for selected 100 Aggregated Pricing Nodes (AP Nodes) in CAISO since 2016. The AP Nodes coverage of the product is given below.
APNode or APN is an Aggregated Pricing Node (Aggregated Pnode) that can be a Load Aggregation Point, Trading Hub or any group of Pricing Nodes as defined by the California ISO.
LMP is the locational marginal price where demand at that PNode consistent with existing Transmission Constraints and the performance characteristics of resources. The Transmission Provider determines separate components of the LMP for the marginal cost of Energy, Marginal Cost of Congestion, and Marginal Cost of Losses relative to the Reference Bus, consistent with the following equation:
LMP = Energy + Loss + Congestion + GHG
AP Nodes Coverage
Here are the list of selected AP Nodes in this data product:
|Node Type||Number of AP Nodes||Node IDs|
|Trading Hubs (TH)||3 AP Nodes||NP15, SP15, ZP26|
|Default Load Aggregation Points (DLAP)||4 AP Nodes||PGAE, SCE, SDGE, VEA|
|Metered Load Aggregation Points (MLAP)||4 AP Nodes||ANHM, NCPA, RVSD, VERN|
|Energy Imbalance Market Load Aggregation Points (ELAP)||9 AP Nodes||AZPS, BANCSMUD, BCHA, IPCO, NEVP, PACE, PACW, PGE, PSEI|
|Sub Load Aggregation Points (SLAP)||25+ AP Nodes||PGCC, PGEB, PGF1, PGFG, PGHB, PGKN, PGLP, PGNB, PGNC, PGNP, PGNV, PGP2, PGSA, PGSB, PGSF, PGSI, PGSN, PGST, PGZP, SCEC, SCEN, SCEW, SCHD, SCLD, SCNW, SDG1, VEA|
|Custom Load Aggregation Points (CLAP)||45+ AP Nodes||ALAMIT, ANZA, BANKPP, BART, BUNDLD, CDWR07, CMS1, CMS2, CMS4, CPVERD, CSLR4S, DAC, DIABLO, DOSMGO, EDMONS, ENCINA, ENERSJ, ETIWND, HNTGBH, HWP1, HWP2, HYTTHM, IVSLR2, IVSLRP, IVWEST, LARKSP, LAROA1, LAROA2, LMEC, MNDALY, MRCHNT, MSLD67, MWD, OCTILO, OGROVE, ONLLPP, OSO, PEARBL, PLUMAS, PRIMM, SANCLA, SLCN, SOTP, SRMSR1, SUTTER, TERMEX|
Also check out the Related Data Products section below.
For each AP Node, you will find:
- LMP (Locational Marginal Price)
- Energy Price
- Congestion Price
- Loss Price
- Green House Gas prices (GHG price occurs in limited AP Nodes)
Data Collection Methodology
- Data is cleansed and organized to provide a ready for analysis dataset
- Both historical and current dates of operations are aggregated
- All date and hours are quality checked for consistency and completeness
- Data updates from CAISO every day
California Independent System Operator (CAISO) is a non-profit Independent System Operator serving California. It oversees the operation of California's bulk electric power system, transmission lines, and electricity market generated and transmitted by its member utilities.
Related Data Products
- Five-minute interval prices in $/MWh
- Updated daily by 5:00 PM PST
- Historical data goes back to 2016
- Covers 3 Trading Hubs, 4 Default Load Aggregation Points, 4 Metered Load Aggregation Points, 9 Energy Imbalance Market Load Aggregation Points, 25+ Sub Load Aggregation Points, 45+ Custom Load Aggregation Points and
Until a few decades ago majority of us were employed in real world businesses. Alta Bering came out of a history of production technology and reconciled it with sophisticated algorithmic math, an after-thought in enterprise system functionality.We believe efficiency is key to mitigating scarcity economics. In the early 2000s, we set our sights on helping companies achieve higher efficiency and growth, not just growth.Today we enable advanced prescriptive analytics for data scientists and enterprise cloud platforms. Our goal is to help business analysts step up to corporate responsibility.Contact us for more about how we deliver our predictive analytics consulting to large and medium sized clients.