- Short-term commitments (forecast) of generation
- Seasonal average and distribution of generation
- Accounting for generation Uncertainty in Long Term PPA's and OTC Power Swaps
CAISO (California) Hourly Wind and Solar Energy Generation
This data product provides hourly solar and wind actual and forecast generation in MW in California ISO.
The ISO is focused on the reliable integration of zero-emission resources such as solar and wind power in support of the state's renewables portfolio standard. With this product, you will see the hourly generation in the three main trade hubs in CAISO.
Wind and solar energy are the lowest cost renewable alternatives and began to dominate the power supply matrix in many parts of the world. However, these renewable supplies are inherently intermittent which creates a challenge for investment and trading decisions.
Trading Hubs Coverage
This data product includes hourly generation for all Trading Hubs (TH)
- NP15 (North of Path 15)
- SP15 (South of Path 15)
- ZP26 (Zone Path 26)
- Actual Generation (MW)
- DAM (Day Ahead Market) Generation (MW) Forecast
- HASP (Hour Ahead Scheduling Process) Generation (MW) Forecast
Data Collection Methodology
- Data is cleansed and organized to provide a ready for analysis dataset
- Both historical and current dates of operations are aggregated
- All date and hours are quality checked for consistency and completeness
- Data updates from CAISO every day
California Independent System Operator (CAISO) is a non-profit Independent System Operator serving California. It oversees the operation of California's bulk electric power system, transmission lines, and electricity market generated and transmitted by its member utilities.
Related Data Products
- Includes hourly solar and wind actual generation in MW
- Includes DAM and HASP generation forecasts
- Updated daily, before 5:00 PM ET
- Historical data goes back to 2016
- Covers 3 Trading Hubs
Until a few decades ago majority of us were employed in real world businesses. Alta Bering came out of a history of production technology and reconciled it with sophisticated algorithmic math, an after-thought in enterprise system functionality.We believe efficiency is key to mitigating scarcity economics. In the early 2000s, we set our sights on helping companies achieve higher efficiency and growth, not just growth.Today we enable advanced prescriptive analytics for data scientists and enterprise cloud platforms. Our goal is to help business analysts step up to corporate responsibility.Contact us for more about how we deliver our predictive analytics consulting to large and medium sized clients.