- Trend analysis on the COVID-19 pandemic
- Complimentary data set for economical indicators
COVID-19 Worldwide Daily Data
In this data product, you may find the latest and historical global daily data on the COVID-19 pandemic for all countries.
The COVID‑19 pandemic, also known as the coronavirus pandemic, is an ongoing global pandemic of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID‑19), caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS‑CoV‑2). The outbreak was first identified in December 2019 in Wuhan, China. The World Health Organization declared the outbreak a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 and a pandemic on 11 March. As of 12 August 2020, more than 20.2 million cases of COVID‑19 have been reported in more than 188 countries and territories, resulting in more than 741,000 deaths; more than 12.5 million people have recovered.
The Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center is a continuously updated source of COVID-19 data and expert guidance. They aggregate and analyze the best data available on COVID-19 - including cases, as well as testing, contact tracing and vaccine efforts - to help the public, policymakers and healthcare professionals worldwide respond to the pandemic.
- Cases and Death counts include confirmed and probable (where reported)
- Recovered cases are estimates based on local media reports, and state and local reporting when available, and therefore may be substantially lower than the true number. US state-level recovered cases are from COVID Tracking Project.
- Active cases = total cases - total recovered - total deaths
- Incidence Rate = cases per 100 000 people
- Case-Fatality Ratio (%) = Number recorded deaths / Number cases
- Country Population represents 2019 projections by UN Population Division, integrated to the JHU CSSE's COVID-19 data by ALTADATA
Data Update Frequency:
|Before April 22||once per day around 23:59 UTC|
|After April 23||once per day between 03:30 and 04:00 UTC|
|Since June 15||once per day between 04:45 and 05:15 UTC|
- Johns Hopkins University Center for Systems Science and Engineering (JHU CSSE)
- U.S. Census Bureau, Population Division
Related Data Products
- COVID-19 US Daily Data
- World Population Indicators (1950-2100)
- OECD, EU28, G20 Life Expectancy and Mortality Indicators
Suggested Blog Posts
- Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) data since January 2020
- Daily updated data for all countries
- United Nations data for World Population Prospects 2019
Until a few decades ago majority of us were employed in real world businesses. Alta Bering came out of a history of production technology and reconciled it with sophisticated algorithmic math, an after-thought in enterprise system functionality.We believe efficiency is key to mitigating scarcity economics. In the early 2000s, we set our sights on helping companies achieve higher efficiency and growth, not just growth.Today we enable advanced prescriptive analytics for data scientists and enterprise cloud platforms. Our goal is to help business analysts step up to corporate responsibility.Contact us for more about how we deliver our predictive analytics consulting to large and medium sized clients.