- Short term energy demand forecast
- Seasonal average and distribution of capacity factor
- Historical energy transformation analysis by fuel types
IESO (Ontario) Generation by Fuel Type
This data product provides the hourly generator energy output and capability for generating facilities in the IESO energy market with a maximum output capability of 20 MW or more.
In this data product, you will find the output levels for Ontario's generators registered as a market participant, and their availability to produce by fuel type. Both conventional and renewable (wind and sunlight) fuel types are covered.
There are more than 180+ active generators (1) as per the fuel types given in below table:
|Fuel Category||Fuel Type||Conventional||Nuclear|
Available capacity is the forecast for non-dispatchable generators (wind and solar) and represents an estimated output for the facility. It is derived from the maximum output of the facility (installed capacity), minus outages and derates, and takes into account the estimated availability of fuel (wind and sunlight). This value provides the best estimate of a potentially uncertain output.
Outages and Derates
- Outage information is based on outage requests sent to the IESO.
- Generators out of service for maintenance will appear as having zero capability during maintenance.
- Generator capabilities can be reduced (derated) due to any number of environmental, equipment or fuel supply issues that may limit the output of the generator, but do not require it to shut down.
IESO (The Independent Electricity System Operator) works at the heart of Ontario's power system. The IESO delivers key services across the electricity sector including: managing the power system in real-time, planning for the province's future energy needs, enabling conservation and designing a more efficient electricity marketplace to support sector evolution.
Related Data Products
- Includes available capacity and output by generation and fuel types in MW
- Updated daily at or before 5:00 PM ET
- Historical data goes back to 2010
- Covers +175 generators and 6 fuel types
Until a few decades ago majority of us were employed in real world businesses. Alta Bering came out of a history of production technology and reconciled it with sophisticated algorithmic math, an after-thought in enterprise system functionality.We believe efficiency is key to mitigating scarcity economics. In the early 2000s, we set our sights on helping companies achieve higher efficiency and growth, not just growth.Today we enable advanced prescriptive analytics for data scientists and enterprise cloud platforms. Our goal is to help business analysts step up to corporate responsibility.Contact us for more about how we deliver our predictive analytics consulting to large and medium sized clients.