- Short term commitments (forecast) of price
- Seasonal average and distribution of price
- Historical trade area and regional price analysis
- Congestion and loss analysis for investments
- Day Ahead Trading
NYISO (New York) Hourly Day Ahead Market LBMP Prices
The ISO Administered Market in which Capacity, Energy and/or Ancillary Services are scheduled and sold Day-Ahead consisting of the Day-Ahead scheduling process, price calculations and Settlements. The Locational Based Marginal Pricing (LBMP)s calculated based upon the ISO's Day-Ahead Security Constrained Unit Commitment process.
Day-Ahead market provides a demand side opportunity to adjust load depending on price levels. The demand side has started to engage actively in the market and thus has the opportunity to adjust against fluctuating price patterns. Market members and market participants can balance their own portfolios by participating in the Day-Ahead Market. This allows participants to present more balanced structure to the market and decrease of imbalances of generation/consumption of units within their portfolios.
It is not compulsory to participate in the Day-Ahead Market. This makes the market more interesting for traders as well as investors.
This data product offers Day Ahead Market hourly for all zones (Zonal) in NYISO. For each zone, you will find congestion and loss prices that make up the LBMP.
Here are the list of zones in this data product:
1. New York Control Area Load Zones: One of eleven geographical areas located within the New York Control Area (NYCA) that is bounded by one or more of the fourteen New York State Interfaces.
NYISO Load Zone Map
|Load Zone Id||Name|
|MHK VL||Mohawk Valley|
|HUD VL||Hudson Valley|
|N.Y.C.||New York City|
2. External Zones:
NYISO External Zone Map
|Load Zone Id||Name|
|H Q||Hydro Quebec|
|NPX||NYISO New England Proxy/Zone|
|O H||Ontario Hydro|
|PJM||Pennsylvania-New Jersey-Maryland Interconnection|
Data Collection Methodology
- Data is cleansed and organized to provide a ready for analysis dataset
- Both historical and current dates of operations are aggregated
- All date and hours are quality checked for consistency and completeness
- Daily data updates from NYISO
The New York Independent System Operator (NYISO) is responsible for the reliable operation of New York's nearly 11,000 miles of high-voltage transmission and the dispatch of more than 500 electric power generators. In addition, they administer bulk power markets that trade an average of $7.8 billion in electricity and related products annually.
Related Data Products
- Includes hourly price in $/MWh
- Updated daily at or before 5:00 PM ET
- Historical data goes back to 2008
- Covers 11 New York Control Area Load Zones and 3 External Zones
Until a few decades ago majority of us were employed in real world businesses. Alta Bering came out of a history of production technology and reconciled it with sophisticated algorithmic math, an after-thought in enterprise system functionality.We believe efficiency is key to mitigating scarcity economics. In the early 2000s, we set our sights on helping companies achieve higher efficiency and growth, not just growth.Today we enable advanced prescriptive analytics for data scientists and enterprise cloud platforms. Our goal is to help business analysts step up to corporate responsibility.Contact us for more about how we deliver our predictive analytics consulting to large and medium sized clients.