- Fundamental valuation
- Value investing
- Calculation of strength and growth KPI's
- Standardized balance sheet allows comparative bench-marking
- Back-testing investment hypotheses
US Equity Markets: Standardized Balance Sheets
Updated daily, this database provides 10 years of history, for essential balance sheet statement indicators and ratios, for 3,000 US public companies.
This data product contains the Quarterly and Annual Balance Sheet Statements submitted to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
SEC is an independent agency of the United States federal government. The SEC holds primary responsibility for enforcing the federal securities laws, proposing securities rules, and regulating the securities industry, which is the nation's stock and options exchanges, and other activities and organizations, including the electronic securities markets in the United States.
This data product covers Russell 1000 (large-cap) and Russell 2000 (small-cap) companies. Russell 3000 index covers approximately 98% of the total US Equity market-cap. S&P 500 companies are also included in this list.
- Russell 3000 Index is a market-capitalization-weighted equity index maintained by FTSE Russell that provides exposure to the entire U.S. stock market. The index tracks the performance of the 3,000 largest U.S.-traded stocks which represent about 98% of all U.S incorporated equity securities.
- Russell 2000 Index is an index measuring the performance of approximately 2,000 smallest-cap American companies in the Russell 3000 Index.
- Russell 1000 Index is a subset of the Russell 3000 Index, represents the 1000 top companies by market capitalization in the United States.
- S&P 500 is a market-capitalization-weighted index of the 500 largest U.S. publicly traded companies. The index is widely regarded as the best gauge of large-cap U.S. equities. (S&P stands for Standard and Poor, the names of the two founding financial companies.)
- A balance sheet is a financial statement that reports a company's assets, liabilities and shareholders' equity
- The data contains all primary line items from the end of period balance sheet. Note that the Annual Balance Sheet is the same as Q4 Balance Sheet.
- The database is updated within 24 hours of the form 10 SEC filing, often within 12 hours.
Data Collection Methodology
- The daily company filings are collected from Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- All the company filings are cleansed and organized to provide a ready for analysis dataset for the investors
- Historical and current balance sheet statement items are standardized for every company
- Data updates everyday from Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Related Data Products
- Updated weekly on Fridays
- Historical data goes back to 2010
- Covers Russell 3000 Companies
- Covers 10-Q (Quarterly) and 10-K (Annual) Filings
Until a few decades ago majority of us were employed in real world businesses. Alta Bering came out of a history of production technology and reconciled it with sophisticated algorithmic math, an after-thought in enterprise system functionality.We believe efficiency is key to mitigating scarcity economics. In the early 2000s, we set our sights on helping companies achieve higher efficiency and growth, not just growth.Today we enable advanced prescriptive analytics for data scientists and enterprise cloud platforms. Our goal is to help business analysts step up to corporate responsibility.Contact us for more about how we deliver our predictive analytics consulting to large and medium sized clients.