- Fundamental analysis
- Value investing
- Profitability analysis
- Bench-marking strength and growth KPI's
- Back-testing investment hypotheses
Valuation Ratios and Growth History
This data product contains year over year, 3-year, 5-year growth statistics and profit margins for publicly traded companies in the US equity markets.
Data Product Coverage
This data product covers Russell 1000 (large-cap) and Russell 2000 (small-cap) companies. Russell 3000 index covers approximately 98% of the total US Equity market-cap. S&P 500 companies are also included in this list.
- Russell 3000 Index is a market-capitalization-weighted equity index maintained by FTSE Russell that provides exposure to the entire U.S. stock market. The index tracks the performance of the 3,000 largest U.S.-traded stocks which represent about 98% of all U.S incorporated equity securities.
- Russell 2000 Index is an index measuring the performance of approximately 2,000 smallest-cap American companies in the Russell 3000 Index.
- Russell 1000 Index is a subset of the Russell 3000 Index, represents the 1000 top companies by market capitalization in the United States.
- S&P 500 is a market-capitalization-weighted index of the 500 largest U.S. publicly traded companies. The index is widely regarded as the best gauge of large-cap U.S. equities. (S&P stands for Standard and Poor, the names of the two founding financial companies.)
Data and Calculation Methodology
- The data is derived from company financial statement filings which are collected from Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Year over years are calculated using current TTM and previous year same quarter TTM values.
- Earning Growths are the Growth in Earnings per Share and includes affect of changes in Shares Outstanding. 3-year and 5-year statistics are calculated as Compound Annual Growth Rates (CAGR).
- The Operating Margin is calculated as the ratio of Operating Income to Gross Revenue.
- Net Margin is calculated as the ratio of Net Income to Gross Revenue.
- All the valuation indicators and ratios are organized and standardized for every company to provide a ready for analysis dataset for the investors
- Data updates everyday from Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Updated weekly on Fridays
- Underlying Historical data back to 2010
- Covers Russell 3000 Companies
- Covers S&P 500
Until a few decades ago majority of us were employed in real world businesses. Alta Bering came out of a history of production technology and reconciled it with sophisticated algorithmic math, an after-thought in enterprise system functionality.We believe efficiency is key to mitigating scarcity economics. In the early 2000s, we set our sights on helping companies achieve higher efficiency and growth, not just growth.Today we enable advanced prescriptive analytics for data scientists and enterprise cloud platforms. Our goal is to help business analysts step up to corporate responsibility.Contact us for more about how we deliver our predictive analytics consulting to large and medium sized clients.